Create slide master on every project in SL 360?

Sep 18, 2020

Hi all,

I have to create the slide master (or copy each individual slide from a previous project) on every new story I make. 

Is there a way around this to set a certain slide master for whenever I open Storyline 360?

Its the same for the theme too, i have create this for every new story.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Katie

3 Replies
Ned Whiteley

Hi Katie,

If you set up your Master Slide and your own theme and then save the file as a Storyline Template, you can then use that on any further projects without having to set everything up again.

To use your new template, once you have saved your file, all you need to do is to start a new project, click on Slides / My Templates in the menu at the top of the screen, select your new template from the dropdown list and then double-click on the slide you created.

This will then add this slide to your Story View, add the new Master Slide set to your project and also add your new theme to the Design tab. All you then have to do is to delete the blank slide at the beginning of your project and you are good to go.

Ned Whiteley

Hi Corina,

If you import a template from Content Manager, it will bring its own theme in with it. You can then make whatever changes you wish to the theme and the content of the slide and save the final result as a template using the process I have outline in my earlier post above:

1. Open a new project
2.  Import the slide(s) you want from a Content Manager template
3.  Make your changes
4.  Save your project as a new template

If you have any problems, just get back to me here.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.