Creating a Dynamic menu in the Storyline Content
In flash, if I want to create a dynamic navigation menu, I would use actionscript to read an XML file. I could also do this in the Captivate player I created.
Now I'm trying to do this in Storyline and know the following exists:
- The frame.xml file, located in the story_content folder of the published output, will provide me the slidelink child nodes.
- The slideid will provide the file to play.
- I have also read this article which is a dead end for my purpose http://community.articulate.com/forums/p/13979/120738.aspx
Given the 4 points above, I would like to pursue this.
What I plan is:
- Create a menu layer in my Master Slide and place one dynamic button on the layer that will be replicated for each instance of teh slideid value found.
- See if Storyline automatically generates the navigation output.
- Test LMS reporting with this setup.
- If the previous points are successful, the rest is just styling and layout.
If anyone has been successful at doing this, it would be great if you could share.
If anyone is interested in working on this with me and you have the required skills, contact me.