Creating a Quiz in Storyline

May 28, 2014

I am trying to create an “Active Listening Test” where the person taking the quiz chooses between value based choices for each question.  Based on the score they receive, they can see whether they are an active listener or need to work on these skills.

By value based choices, I mean

0: Never

1: Sometimes

2: Half of the time

3: Frequently

4: Always

I have tried a couple of the quiz slides and survey slides and none seem to allow me to give an answer a score.  Do you have any suggestions?

7 Replies
Robin LaPeters

Sure.  

Rate each of the statements below indicating how often it is true.  The ratings are as follows:

0: Never

1: Sometimes

2: Half of the time

3. Frequently

4: Always

I make people think I am interested so they will like me.

I listen for the information I am interested in and ignore the rest of what people say.

I pretend to listen, but I find myself buying time to prepare my next comment.

and 7 more questions

If your score is

0-5 :  You are excellent at active listening.  Keep up the good work.

6-10:  You are a good active listener and only need to focus on polishing your skills

11-19: You already have a solid foundation in active listening, but you could definitely build on this to be even better.

20-29:  You make an effort to be an active listener, but it would be very helpful for you to work to build your skills.

30-40:  You are probably very good at expressing yourself, but you have a lot of room for improvement when it comes to active listening.

Chad Cardwell

Robin,

If you are willing to limit each statement to its own quiz slide, then you can split them into multiple question slides and configure each to calculate a score based on the specific answer choices. You will have to provide a correct answer, but as long as you don't have the user review the correct/incorrect answers, it doesn't matter what you pick. In the example below, I've created them as multiple choice questions. I know it's not a left to right Likert scale, but it's the best I can do at the moment. 

Then, on your results slide, slim it down so it only shows the %Results.ScorePoints%, which is the total score they get based on their answers to the previous questions. By using triggers on the results slide, and a few layers, you can only show the feedback they need to see based on their score.

I've attached the story file if you want to check it out.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.