Creating a running score "bar" using... variables?
Looking for some help/advice for creating a 'running' score bar for a "spot the hazards" game. See two attached screenshots for a simplified example.
Here's what we're trying to do:
- The score bar is at the bottom of the slide with blocks on it.
- Each block of the bar represents 10 points. 150 points possible but you just need 100 to "win" the game.
- You earn 10 points for every hazard you spot and click on in a work area (with multiple work areas depicted).
- Each work area has 1-4 hazards pictured.
- You don't have to find them all before continuing... if you find 3/4, we'll show you the one you didn't see before you move on.
I have no problems with [change the state] of [block 10] when [user clicks] [strap]. That would be fine if there were one item per picture, but there are multiple and they can be chosen in any order, so I don't want the blocks on the score bar to be tied directly to any single hazard.
I know there is a way to do this with variables, but I can't seem to figure out the variables and course framework so that Storyline keeps a running score and updates the score bar as you find items randomly. And I can't figure out how to carry the score bar (in it's adjusted state) from one slide to the next. It resets on each slide.
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!