Custom Drag and Drop

Oct 03, 2017

Hi Everyone!

Is there a solution to prevent other drag object to be dropped on a correct dropped object (a busy drop target)?

I tried all the instances for drop/target objects (disabled and hidden) and drag objects (correct dropped) and I still need to ”block access” to that correct solved target area.

Thank you in advance.

14 Replies
Gabriela Anton

Hi Alyssa!

Attached you will find a complex drag and drop interactivity (developed with Storyline 3). The user has at his disposal  ”Solution”  and ”Retry” buttons. 

There are two issues to be addressed:

1. The incorrect answers are marked with red even in the original (initial) position. And I do not want that.

2. The correct answers are replaced by any other drag item instead of the drop zones to be disabled. Consequently, the correct answers are marked with red even in the original (initial) position. And I do not want that.

Thank you very much in advance.

Wendy Farmer
Gabriela Anton

1. The incorrect answers are marked with red even in the original (initial) position. And I do not want that.

2. The correct answers are replaced by any other drag item instead of the drop zones to be disabled. Consequently, the correct answers are marked with red even in the original (initial) position. And I do not want that.

Hi Gabriela

see attached Peek video which I tested on SL360. The first time I got one incorrect, the second time both correct.  I'm not sure if it is a SL3 issue or I am misunderstanding what you want.

1. I don't see the incorrect answers in red in original position
  2. When I click Try Again, I can drag and replace the existing item - is that not what you want?
Gabriela Anton

Hi, Wendy!

Thank you for your prompt response. 

1. The drag items that return to their original positions should not be coloured in red when the Verify button is pressed.

2. In addition, when I drop one item over another already marked in green item (correctly dropped), it replaces the correct item. The green item should remain in the right place, not return to its original position, and can not be replaced by another item.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Gabriela,

One of the issues you had run into where the trigger to change the state of the object itself when dropped on was not working has been fixed in today's update of Articulate 360!  You can see the full list of important fixes and new features in the release notes here. 

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application. Details here.

YinKhwin Oo
Wendy Farmer
Gabriela Anton

Hi Gabriela

see attached Peek video which I tested on SL360. The first time I got one incorrect, the second time both correct.  I'm not sure if it is a SL3 issue or I am misunderstanding what you want.

1. I don't see the incorrect answers in red in original position
  2. When I click Try Again, I can drag and replace the existing item - is that not what you want?

having the same issue. storyline file available to take a look?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.