Default font

May 29, 2014

Hello heroes,

I want to know something about the default font setting in articulate storyline. Is there any possible way to change the default font of articulate storyline from Articulate to any other font:  Vardana, Calibri or Times New Rman. So that whenever I take a new text field it already set to the choosen font instead of Articulate default font style.

7 Replies
Nancy Sheet

I was changing the default font in the Player. It says the font is for captions but it would never work. My captions always defaulted to Open Sans when i had chosen Roboto. If the Captions font in the player isn't for captions on the screen, what is it for? 

I don't understand why I would have to go to two completely different places to change the default fonts for the course. Can you please help me understand what each set of fonts is for?

Thank you

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Nancy and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Thanks for contacting us to share what you are experiencing along with that image to guide me in the right direction to help you.

What is each of these fonts for?

Player font: for the text that appears throughout the player, including the course title, the menu, and navigation buttons.

Captions font: if your course has closed captions, you can also choose a font for those captions here in the player properties.

If this is not working in your course, then with your permission, I'd like to take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.

Nancy Sheet

Good morning,
Thank you for the clarification. Is it possible to label the Captions text as Closed Captions so it’s clear that we’re not selecting a font for the captions on the screen we use with characters or to point to things? I’ve been using Articulate 360 for two years and I never knew that font was for CC. I’ve also been on a lot of webinars and never saw it mentioned. It certainly would have saved me a lot of time to know where to go to change the true captions font.

Thank you,

Nancy Sheet | Instructional Designer, Imaging Solutions | Leica Biosystems
1360 Park Center Drive | Vista, CA 92081, USA
T: +1.760.539.1141
nancy.sheet@leicabiosystems.com
LeicaBiosystems.com

For access to educational content, industry trends and thought leadership, please visit KnowledgePathway.com<../../../../../jill%20zylke/Desktop/SHAREPOINT%20ICONS/500x500/Corporate%20Stationery/E-mail%20Signature/E-mail%20Signature%202019%20Word/WITH%20KNOWLEDGE%20PATHWAY/Email%20Signatures%20Template%20

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.