Delaying the next button

Feb 13, 2019

Hello,

I have added a player trigger so that when you get to the slide, the next button won't appear until all hotspots have been clicked on. 

I use Storyline 360 - I originally started using the Modern Player and then changed it back to Classic Player. Now the delay in showing the Next button trigger doesn't work. 

I'm not sure why?

Thanks,

9 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, LaShon!  Thanks for sharing your file and settings.  I took a quick Peek of what I saw when previewing your project using the Classic player.

I noticed that the Next button stayed visibly disabled until the timeline of the slide ended at 5 seconds.  Once it had changed to Normal, the trigger to jump to the next slide didn't fire unless all of the hotspot variables were true.

Would you like to change the Next button to Hidden until the timeline ends?  You could add two more triggers for this effect:  

• Change the state of the Next button to Hidden when the timeline starts (if any of the variables are false).
  • Change the state of the Next button to Normal when the timeline ends.
Crystal Horn

Hi John!  Usually, if the end result that should be happening doesn't happen when you perform the triggered action, that's an indication that the trigger isn't working.

What is your current trigger setup to show the Next button?  If you can share a screenshot of the trigger panel, that would be helpful!