11 Replies
Noel Read

Hi, I have an inelegant solution to this - which I've attached. I create a duplicate drag and drop. The first drag and drop had the three options Correct, Incorrect and Try again (but the learner can only ever see the Try again or Correct layers). Try again takes the learner to the second drag and drop. The second drag and drop only has two options, correct and incorrect. 

This allows the learner to get it right first time and proceed to the next slide, or get it wrong and the try again takes them to the second drag and drop where everything is in it's reset place. From here they either get it wrong and go to the next slide (or an answer slide) or they get it right and go to the next slide. There is probably a better way of doing this! Noel

Brian Allen

And I've done this where I needed to limit the number of attempts, but resetting the slide makes it difficult to do... In these situations I've created an "attempt" variable, incremented it after a bad response and if the value reaches 2 they've maxed out on their attempts, forcing them to the next question. Just reset it to zero at the beginning of each question and you can reuse the same variable every time.

Noel Read

Hi, no randomizing set. The blocks do not reset to their original positions on the slide even if you use the rest to initial state option. They remain where you dropped them. It's not that difficult for people to just move them around from there, but it would be much cleaner if when you got it wrong and tried again, all the blocks moved back to their original place on the slide.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.