Disable NEXT button

Jun 15, 2016

I have a scene where the user needs to click on 5 pictures prior to proceeding to the next slide.  Have set it up with variables for all 5 pics going from False to True when clicked but my NEXT button isn't working.  Have attached a file.  Can someone let me know what I am doing wrong.

3 Replies
Judy Nollet

Hi, Arnold,

Here's how I'd do it:

• Set a T/F variable to track whether all items are visited or not. I called it Done1, with an initial value of False.
  • Disable NEXT when the timeline starts (so users don't think they can click it) IF Done1 is False (so users can return to the slide without disabling Next again).
  • Add a Visited state to each of the 5 buttons. I just copied the normal state, but I recommend making the visited state look slightly different than normal, so it's easy to see which were looked at.
  • Change the state of NEXT to normal when all 5 buttons reach the Visited state.
  • Also adjust the Done1 variable to True when all 5 buttons reach the Visited state.

Good luck with your project!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.