Disappearing Slide

Jul 31, 2014

The background on my slide disappears halfway through the playing. I have some pictures that I've added on top of the slide, and they remain, but the background disappears and I can't get it back. Can anyone help with this?

4 Replies
Rebecca Fleisch Cordeiro

Hi Parnaz,

Welcome to the community.

Without seeing your file it's hard to say.

Is your background also an image? If so, 2 things to check:

• Does the image extend all the way to the end of the slide's timeline?
  • Does the image have an exit animation?

If those things don't work, could you perhaps upload the slide here?

Parnaz Maboudian

I've sent in my file and was told they couldn't re-create the issue I was having. I ended up just puting a print screen over the slides that were disappearing. Now I'm having the same problem again. When I preview the project it's fine, when I publish and "view project" it's fine, but when I publish and post it on our company intranet the backgrounds start disappearing. I've tried different browser setting in the player options, but nothing seems to work.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Parnaz,

I see you're still working with Jayem on this issue, and you've shared a new file with him. When you tested the published version he shared with you, I assume you didn't see the behavior - so it would be helpful to also share a screencast with him using the link he shared to show us how it appears for you. Also, if you're able to publish the course and place it within a publish environment (web, lms, articulate online, et.c) you can share the link as well. We would need more than just the story.html file - but the entire contents of the published output folder can be shared with Jayem or us here - or uploaded to one of the environments mentioned.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.