Display issues encountered when upgrading from Storyline 1 to Storyline 2

We recently transitioned from Storyline 1 to Storyline 2. I had already created a course in Storyline 1 that worked great. Now that we transitioned to storyline 2, the published content appears too large to fit on the screen so there are scroll bars to view the content. I do not want the learner to have to scroll. Also, some of the graphics in my "mimiced" pulldown menus are smaller than when I creted them. This throws off the location of where the learner was supposed to click the mouse to select. Has anyone else encountered issues like this? Is there an easy way to convert this file?

9 Replies
Christie Pollick

Hi, Kyle -- Sorry to hear you are having these issues! Would you possibly be able to share your SL2 file to illustrate the behavior you are seeing?

Also, have you tried importing the problematic file into a new file to see if you find improvement? It's also important to make sure you are working locally to avoid odd or erratic behavior. And If you are still having issues, you might want to try to repair Storyline. 

Kyle Gomon

Hi Christie!  Thank you,

I am not sure you will be able to access this.

G:\Forever\Loss Prevention\TRAC\Training\Investigations\Civil & Restitution\Civil Recovery eLearning materials\Civil Recovery eLearning - Storyline output\story.html

 

I will try the other suggestions you gave me to see if they work.

 

Thanks,

Kyle

Christie Pollick

Hi, Kyle -- Yes, unfortunately, it looks like the path you provided for the file is on your network drive, and I will not be able to access it, but that could be part of the issue. We recommend that you always work on your files on your local C: drive (as you will read in 2nd link I provided above). 

If you are still having problems after you run through the troubleshooting steps provided, please use the ADD ATTACHMENT button in the thread to upload your .story file itself. 

Christie Pollick

Hi, Kyle --

Thanks for your patience while I tested your file! I think we may be in business with a few minor adjustments. As you will see in this tutorial, you will need to change a few settings in the Player properties.

I made the adjustments and here is how your published output will appear after you update those settings. Hope that helps and please let me know if you need additional assistance! :)