Drag and Drop

Mar 04, 2021

Hello People,

I am working on drag and drop but facing some issues. I have created a freeform drag and drop slide with 5 objects that can be dragged on one hotspot. Each object that is dragged will open a new slide with questions after completing the question, participant will come back on drag and drop slide, drag the next object leading to a new slide but I am only able to drag one object and go to 1st slide after returning back to drag and drop slide i cant drag any object and i am stuck. 

Any suggestion or help?

Thanks in advance   

2 Replies
Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Anusha, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes! ✨

Thank you for reaching out with your drag and drop question!

When you use the freeform question, it's expected that you complete all the interactions (drag all 5 objects) before submitting it. Once you submit, that question is complete, and you'll have to start over. 

What I would suggest instead is this:

• Convert it back to a regular slide. You can do this by clicking on Insert > Remove Freeform Slide.

Screen Recording 2021-03-04 at 09.22.33 AM

• Add triggers to create the interaction manually. For each object, create a trigger that Jumps to the specific slide when the user drags that object on the target.

Windows 10 (1) 2021-03-04 at 9.25.48 AM

• Make sure your initial slide's properties panel has When revisiting set to Resume saved state.

Windows 10 (1) 2021-03-04 at 9.27.00 AM

I recorded a short Peek 360 video showing you my suggestions. I am also attaching my sample .story file here. 

Let me know if this works!