Drag and Drop

Jun 17, 2014

I'm working on a game that involves the learner dragging the appropriate personal protective equipment into a box depending on the scenario given. I want the learner to be able to drag each item into any of the five available boxes. I used a Pick One freeform quiz (based on a template that I found). Everything looks good to me, but when I go to submit the question it says "You must complete the question before submitting". I've attached the project if anyone has an idea about what I'm doing wrong. The first scenario is the only one that I've updated to allow for the learner to use any box as their target. 

Thank you!

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for sharing your .story file here. I took a look and there are a few things that are not working correctly that you'll want to look into. 

First, the "answer boxes" were all in a group - so I ungrouped them and then was able to see the incorrect/correct feedback as the question was recognizing that I dropped them in the boxes instead of in the grouped item. 

Next, your triggers to change the selection of the correct/incorrect pick one are a bit in conflict - right now the only item that is being "dropped correct" is the "gown" - so if you choose to drop all the others, it will be scored incorrectly as your trigger is set up to select incorrect once all the items are dropped incorrect. If you only drag and drop the gown, you'll see the correct feedback layer as the other items have not had their states changed. Based on your explanation it sounds like you want the user to be able to be scored correctly as long as they drag all the items - so I'd set the triggers up to change the state of each item to dropped correct when it's dropped in any of the answer boxes. Then you'll want to adjust the incorrect pick one trigger to be selected when the state of any of your items is normal - meaning it wasn't dropped anywhere. Your correct pick one trigger is on the right track - you'll just need to add the additional items to it when dropped correct - and you'll want it so that all of the items are dropped correct. 

Hope that helps! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.