Drag and Drop

Sep 22, 2014

I am a fairly new designer/developer and I do not have a lot of experience with variables.  I am trying to create a drag/drop game.  Dropping the correct pics to the drop target.  Well, with each item dropped if you click submit it says you are correct, I know it is a simple answer but for the life of my I can't figure out how to prevent the correct box from showing up with each pic submitted.  Right now I am trying to take away the "submit" button and create my own, but I am having issues with succeeding with this...Any help would be appreciated.  Getting very frustrated even tho it's almost 5pm! (:

Gail

8 Replies
Rebecca Fleisch Cordeiro

Hi Gail,

I'm also having trouble, as Joanna did, envisioning what you want to do. You've said:

"with each item dropped if you click submit it says you are correct, I know it is a simple answer but for the life of my I can't figure out how to prevent the correct box from showing up with each pic submitted."

Then you said, "...I just don't want it show up individually.  I want it to pop up when they click submit.

By default, D&D ARE set up to show the correct or incorrect layer when Learners click the Submit button. So, in the REALLY simple file I've attached,

If I drag the Leaf and the Snowflake onto their correct targets and click Submit, the Correct layer shows.

If I drag either of the objects into an incorrect target and click Submit, the Incorrect layer shows.

If I only drag one of the objects onto a target, even if it's the correct target...if  don't drag the other object, when I click Submit the Incorrect layer shows.

If that's not what's happening on your story, perhaps you can upload it here. And if you're looking for something different, perhaps you can try explaining again.

Belen Ferrer

Gail,

Are you trying to create a Drag and Drop where the SUBMIT button is disabled until all your drag items have been dropped onto a target (be it the right target or the wrong one)? 

In other words, a SUBMIT button that is disabled until all the targets are full.

If so... I have tried three or four different ways to achieve this, and I can only make it work with 2 drag items, where I can set an on-screen button to become enabled when ALL the items are EITHER dropped correct OR dropped incorrect. (I make the Dropped Correct and Dropped Incorrect states look just like the Normal state, so the user doesn't get any feedback until the Feedback Layer comes up.)

It would be nice to know if there IS a way to enable an on-screen submit button only when all targets are full!

Rebecca Fleisch Cordeiro

Hi Belen and Gail,

Belen, I think I've achieved what you're looking for. In fact, I think I just did something similar not too long back, but I have no memory of where it is. In the Articuland forums somewhere!

OBJECTS

Submit Button

I've added a custom submit button (I interpreted your saying "on-screen" as meaning a custom button)

The initial state to disabled.

Draggable Objects

I've added another element to the D&D, so now there are three: Butterfly, Leaf, Snowflake

I've added a "dragged" state to each of these

Triggers

Submit button: change its state to normal when the state of Butterfly, Leaf, and Snowflake = dragged.

and

Submit the interaction when the user clicks the button

Butterfly

Change its state to dragged when its dropped on Rectangle 1 or Rectangle 2 or Rectangle 3

Leaf and Snowflake: same as above

Please shout out with any questions!

Gail Turner

Hi Everyone! Thank you for all of your help! I so appreciate it and I am sorry if I wasn't clear in previous posts.  I was at the end of my rope when I typed that!!

I finally created a custom submit button and I have attached to the timeline too pop up when I think it should.  So that works.  But now I can't get the incorrect items to bounce back to their original spots.  I have watched and read several resources on here and they are still not bouncing back.  Are there any triggers or variables I can create to get them to go back to their home! (:  

Thanks

Gail

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.