Drag and Drop

Jun 03, 2015

Hi

I am creating a drag and drop quiz, where i have four drop targets and eight drop objects which i have named four objects as "A" and another four objects as "B". The correct answer is any three "A" and any one "B". How to do this type of quiz. Please help me Guys.

19 Replies
Helen Tyson

Hi Arun

You need to take a step back from it and not build it using the drag & drop question type.

Something like this needs to be a Pick One (or any other single select) question type and trigger the selection of your answer by tracking other actions on the slide.

Like this:

• Create 2 number variables: A & B
  • Add 1 to the relevant variable when you drop an object on the correct target area
  • Create two buttons "Correct" & "Incorrect" with the Incorrect button having an initial state of "Selected" (these can be moved off the slide if you don't want to see them)
  • Set triggers to change the states of the "Correct" button to Selected when the variables change and equal 3 (you'll need two triggers for this one based on A and one on B)
  • Make sure the buttons are in a button set so when the Correct button becomes selected the Incorrect deselects

You can use this technique to build any questions that don't fit into the default options, for example combining Fill in the Blank with Hotspot, or multiple Fill in the Blank fields on a single slide.

Hope that helps

Helen

Helen Tyson

Hi Bhaskar,

I'm curious how you're doing this using the drag & drop question functionality and include the optional elements that Arun described.

It's very generous of you to help out Arun by offering to do it for him but a quick explanation will help the rest of us understand too.

Thanks

Helen

Helen Tyson

Hi Ravindra

Here's a picture of one of the triggers you need - it's the one highlighted in the trigger panel - but as you can see from the list of triggers you need separate triggers to change the state of the button based on each individual variable.

I've also added one or two extra triggers to help make the Incorrect selection work effectively too, so I've attached the file for you to take a look at

Helen

Helen Tyson

Hi Ravindra

Yes, you can use this technique to work with any number of items and targets, you just need to adjust the numbers that you are using in the conditions, i.e. "if variable = 2"

However the situation you describe where you want to label Odd & Even I'd switch the drag items and drop targets so you are moving the numbers, not the labels.

If however you want to keep it this way round I'd use the following technique:

• Create 4 True/False variables, names 2,4,5 and 7 respectively, each with a starting value of false
  • Adjust variable "2" to True if "Even" is dropped on shape "2", repeating for each shape and it's appropriate label
  • Adjust variable to False if "Even" is dropped on shape "5" etc
  • Add two buttons: "Correct" & "Incorrect", add to a button set (or add 2 radio buttons labeled "Correct" & "Incorrect") which are off the slide
  • Set initial state of "Incorrect" button to selected
  • Change state of "Correct" button to selected when variable 2 changes if 2,4,5,& 7 are True and repeat for each variable change

Hope that helps

Helen

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.