Drag and drop freeform question in Storyline 360

Mar 08, 2017

Hi everyone,

Has anyone else experienced issues when previewing drag and drop freeform questions created in SL360? When I drag the object it drops above the target. The .story example and a screenshot are attached.

Thank you,

Ivona

39 Replies
Leah Hemeon

Good morning - I just want you (and the development team) to know that my client has 11 people waiting on a fix for this bug. It's a HUGE deal for us as we have over 30 courses that need to be updated and will be transitioned to Storyline 3. The licenses have already been upgraded but we can't move forward on our project until this is fixed. I understand the development team is focused on 360 but that wasn't an option for my client due to their large company not allowing any subscription or cloud-based software at all. They would have to abandon Articulate altogether if SL3 weren't available. Anyway, this has been outstanding for quite a while now and multiple updates (and feature improvements) have been done for 360 with NO word on this bug for SL3. This is a showstopper bug. PLEASE get this fixed.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Leah, 

Thanks for reaching out here, and I'm sorry it's a bug that is causing you such a delay in creating your projects. The issue was fixed in SL360 and that fix will also roll out to Storyline 3 in the next update, the release date of which is still to be determined. 

With the subscription model of Articulate 360 we're able to push out fixes and new features much more frequently, but we haven't forgotten about Storyline 3. It's received two updates since it's released (included fixes and a couple new features) so as soon as the next update is available we'll alert folks in these discussions. 

Jacob Olivier

Hi Ashley,

I have to admit I'm in the same situation than Leah...More than 100 developers are waiting for that issue fixed...In one side, SL3 is the must for HTML5 aspect, and in the other side, this D&D drop issue is really a massive drawback, especially when working with our SL2 contents

Regards

Olivier

Ali Goulet

Hey Olivier!

Thanks for checking in here and letting us know how this impacts you. We'll let you know as soon as the next update for Storyline 3 is released, which will include this fix.

Since you're now subscribed to this discussion, you'll receive an email notification when the time comes! I'm sorry this has been slowing you down.

Jacob Olivier

Hi Ashley,

I have a huge pressure on my back, concerning use of Storyline 3 instead of Storyline 2...
If I start using SL3 right now, if I open "old" SL2 contents, they will all get same issue, and it will be a massive mess

So, I know ask regularly, but do you have an estimation of that SL3 release?

I hope you understand my point...

Regards

Olivier

Leah Hemeon

I'm needing to bump this post yet again. It's been almost six months since the last update to Storyline 3. In that time there have been 13 updates to Storyline 360 (yes, I counted). If you are going to sell and support Storyline 3 then it deserves similar attention as your flagship product. My client has no option to move to Storyline 360 because they cannot do a subscription/web-based product. They purchased more than 10 upgrades of SL 2 to SL 3 in the fall in good faith that Articulate stands behind its products. The drag and drop issue for upgraded projects is a showstopper for this client. They have over 30 eLearning modules that need to be updated to run without Flash and all of them have drag & drop. Recreating these from scratch is cost prohibitive. This needs to be fixed now. We've waited somewhat patiently for a long time. I'm frustrated. My client is more than frustrated. Time to move some of your developers from new feature development for 360 to the bug fix team and release something now for SL3.

PS - changing from snap to drop target to Free isn't a suitable solution for the client... for many reasons I can't go into. Fix it!

Katie Riggio

Hi folks!

I'm excited to note that we just released update 3 for Storyline 3! You can view all the new features and fixes here.

One of the fixes addresses an issue where drag items would not drop on targets (HTML5 output).

Here’s where you can download and install the latest version of Storyline 3. Thanks for your kind time, and let us know if you have any questions!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.