Drag and Drop Functionality

May 11, 2016

Hi there,

I am currently designing some eLearning where I have a slide that has a drag and drop feature. I wish to use the same 'icon' for the drag feature more than once, (the drag and drop function is a sun for the drag and 3 individual flowerpots for the drop target - it's a project based on growth) the flowerpots are links to more content, so I want to be able to drag the sun onto one flowerpot first, view the content, then go back and be able to drop the sun again onto the next flowerpot to view the next set of content. I've noticed when selecting it from the list in 'Form View' that is has disappeared, I assume this is because it's already in use.

It's probably also important that I mention that although I've created this in the quizmaker template it is not a case of giving correct/ incorrect answers. It is purely an interactive function to move from one slide to the next.

Would anyone be able to give me any guidance on this please :-) It would be very much appreciated. I have also attached the slide as an attachment into this post so you can visually see what I am trying to achieve.

Thanks,

Olivia

3 Replies
Johannes Rosenberg

Hello Olivia,

I did a mockup that might work for you. I've attaced the Storyline file.

Quick explanation:

On the base layer I used triggers to show layer 1, 2 or 3 when i drop the sun on the drop targets.

On the layers I hid the sun with a trigger and created a close-button that jumps to the slide again, since i set the slide to be reset to initial state on the base layer properties the sun will be back in its original position and you can drag it to another drop target.

Hope it helps!

Christie Pollick

Hi, Olivia -- Thanks for reaching out! Please check out Johannes suggestions and let us know whenever you have a chance if the ideas shared will work for you!

Also, as you mentioned you are new to SL2, I thought perhaps you'd find the following resources to be helpful:

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.