Drag and Drop Help

May 13, 2016

Hi everyone, 

I am trying to create an interaction where the user can drag objects to any point on the screen but the question will not be correct until the four correct drop targets have had any of the dragable shapes placed on them.  I think I have most of the triggers set, for this type of interaction. My issue comes when I want the Correct, Try again and incorrect layers to show when the submit button is clicked. I cannot get the incorrect layer to come up and I am not sure what I am doing wrong or missing. This layer is important because it will serve as a review source if the user gets the answer wrong too many times. Any help would be very much appreciated. 

Thank you! 

8 Replies
Melissa Lucas

I read a couple of blogs and tutorials that show doing that as a work around to make it so there isn't a specific drop target for each item (essentially allowing each drag item to have more then one drop target). I need the user the be able to drop any of the brown squares on the image and have the answer register as correct only when any of those shapes are dropped on the four correct drop targets. It becomes tricky when you have to assign each square to a specific target because I have no way of know which square they are going to choose to drop one which drop target. I need to have a way for all the drag items to have more then one drop target. 

Melissa Lucas

yes but instead of having one of the drag items wrong I would have 5 targets and only 3 of the targets would be correct. once three of the however many available drag items  were place on the correct drag targets. Does the way I have my file sent up make sense? It works the say I want until I get to having the layers show up what necessary

Walt Hamilton

Melissa,

This trigger :

doesn't work because the Try Again layer increments the countAttempts variable, so AttemptCount never gets to 2.

The trigger to show the Correct layer works, but you never see the layer because this trigger immediately covers it with the Try Again layer:

For these conditions, you should forget the states and use the answerCorrect variable, which does work.

Here's how they should look:

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.