Drag and Drop Interactions

Sep 05, 2017

Hello,

I was hoping that someone could assist with a drag and drop interaction that I have been struggling to find a solution to for days. I have attached a sample of the project. What I am trying to do is have the user drag and drop 4 items into their respective drop targets. Once they have done so for all of them, a correct slide layer should then show them that their answers are correct and they can proceed. The problem I am having is that I have been trying to trigger state changes for when the drag item is dropped onto the drop target but it doesn't seem to be working, and I have tried several different configurations. Any suggestions that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

6 Replies
Susi B

Hi M,

you should not use groups if you want a state change when items are dropped. You can insert several items into the normal state of one item, so you can still have your "group" of items and then add dropped correct/incorrect states. For triggering the layers without an additional button you could use variables. Does this help already? :)

Greetings,

Susi

m m

Hi Susi,

Thanks for the reply.  Still a bit confused so please forgive me as I try to breakdown your suggestion. When you say not to use groups on which end of the interaction do you mean? Both of the drag items and the drop targets are groups. Should neither one of those be groups, or just the drop target? I only have them as groups to attach a label to the icon/shape.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.