Drag and Drop interactions not working when published in StoryLine 360

Sep 11, 2018

Hi All,

I've read a great deal about this issue in the last 24 hours, but have yet to find a fix which works for my projects.  Specifically, I have 2 different D&D type interactions which work fine in preview, but act strangely when published.

The first interaction is a series of tiles with text labels, which the student is asked to sort into 2 columns.  RESULT:  When published, you can pick up the tiles with your mouse, but when you attempt to land them, the spring back to their start point.

The second interaction is an fancy multiple choice question, in which the question has a target box nearby, and the student is asked to move the tile labeled with the correct answer, to the target box.  RESULT:  Any tile moved to the box will stay, but it will not snap to the box (even though this option is selected).  AND no matter which tile you select, your choice is always wrong.

I would appreciate any and all help.  Thank you!

11 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hey, James!

To add to the testing collection, I published your projects to LMS using the latest version of Storyline 360 and uploaded them to SCORM Cloud–an industry-standard tool for testing SCORM output. Here's a link to the first interaction, one to the second, and a peek of what I saw in Chrome 69. Both drag-and-drop interactions seem to work fine for me as well.

Regarding next steps, it might be helpful to enable LMS Debug Mode to see the communication flowing between your Storyline course(s) and your LMS. Then, provide the resulting log to your LMS team. With that, they should be able to narrow down the cause.

And, if you're able to share the log with us, we're happy to help you and your team interpret it!

Brad King

Can anyone provide an update on this?

I have the same issue with a free form drag and drop.  All options never drop/snap to target even with the correct settings.

What makes it even more strange is that it is only happening for certain users.  I have tested the course and numerous others in both Internet Explorer and Chrome and the interaction works fine.  However, once the course was loaded into our LMS and assigned we began to receive tickets that they cannot advance past this slide because they cannot 'drop' their choice.

Any other similar situations?

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Brad!

I can appreciate that it's frustrating when only a few learners are running into an issue, especially when you're unable to replicate the behavior yourself.

Next time you hear a report about this, let us know which browser and version they were using. And if you can send a copy of the file over to us, that'd be helpful, too!

We'll be standing by – and if we can find a trend, that will help us nail down what’s going on here!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.