Drag and Drop issue in Storyline 2

Jul 03, 2017

Hello,

I'm converting a Flash "Operation" game to HTML5 using Storyline 2 and have run into an issue.  In the game you have to drag labels (e.g. Left atrium, Superior vena cava, etc.) to the correct area of an imaging screen.  You can view the full game here:  http://kdg.com/projects/operation/

Some of the drag items act like they are dropped on a correct drop area when they are not.  The instance my client found is very problematic since the doctors could label the IVC with the IAS drag item.  You can drop the IAS drag item on either IVC or IAS drop area and it appears to be correct.  If you drop the IAS drag item on any other drop area, it behaves like it should and bounces back to its original position.  I've tried deleting both drop areas and recreating them and am still getting the same results.

I'm attaching a SL2 file with just that one problem slide along with the correct answers.

HELP!

Thanks,

Lynette 

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Lynette,

Thanks for sharing your file with me! I have a couple of ideas for you to try:

1. The drop targets are rectangles with "No Fill", which can sometimes cause wonky behavior. Instead, try using a filled rectangle with 100% transparency.
  2. The dimensions of the drag items are larger than the words themselves, so it's possible for a drag item to be sitting on 2 drop targets at once. Crop off extra space on the drag items to leave just enough room for the words. 

Let me know if that helps!

Lynette Kramer

Hi Alyssa,

I too discovered that the drag items were just too big. They were
covering several drop areas which allowed them to be counted as correct
when they were really incorrect. I had to lose the tweezers :( and make
the drag state just the red ball. All seems to be working correctly now.

Thanks!

Lynette

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.