Drag and Drop Problem

Jun 13, 2014

I have built a drag and drop activity and it seems to have a recurring problem.  At times the Try Again button does not show up in the Try Again box that pops up.  Part of the box remains active in that if you place your cursor over the "Try Again" box, the cursor shows the finger icon.  If you then click it will activate the trigger to go back and allow the user to try again.  It does not pose a problem when I replay the scene, only when I replay the entire project and I cannot get it to reproduce the problem consistently.  It just seems to happen sporadically.  Any ideas as to what may be causing it?  Thanks for any help you can offer.

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi D N and welcome to Heroes!

Since it happens sporadically I'm hoping you can share a bit more about how you're testing this? Are you viewing the published content or previewing it wiithin Storyline? Have you confirmed you're following these guidelines in regards to creating and publishing your content? Are you viewing the published content within the intended environment, or testing it locally? 

D N

Hi, Ashley,

I have followed all the procedures you suggested for creating and testing.  I am publishing it as LMS SCORM 1.2 and have tested it in Storyline as well as in our LMS environment which is SumTotal.  Like I said, it never has the issue when I preview 'this slide' or 'this scene' mode.  It only happens when I preview the entire project and when I publish it and upload to our LMS.  Here is a capture of what I get when it does not work, missing the Try Again button.  Notice the active cursor on the feedback box.  It will take you back to the Drag and Drop activity again.  I have three attempts allowed and the button is only missing on the 2nd attempt from time to time....not always but about half and half.

Thanks for your help.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi DN,

Are you able to share the .story file with us? Based on where the hand cursor is located it looks like you may have moved the button to customize it further? I'd like to see how this is all set up and to watch the behavior. Even just a few of your questions slides that showcase the behavior would be good to share here. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.