Drag and Drop Question

May 18, 2012

This question is based on Jeanette's screenr found here https://player.vimeo.com/video/204871684.

I am wanting to create a drag and drop interaction like Jeanette's where the user drags a dog biscuit onto an image of a dog. I have stacked up 20 images of the biscuit for the user to "feed" the dog. I really don't want the user to "feed" the dog more than a few biscuits and I would like to count how many biscuits the user drops onto the dog. Once they hit the submit button I would like display a custom message based on the number of biscuits they fed the dog.

Can this be done? If so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

14 Replies
Rebecca Fleisch Cordeiro

Hi,

Bret, thanks for submitting this question, and Tracy TX so much for the example. This community provides such a great opportunity for really learning a product in lots of ways, but two big ways in particular.

1) Someone submits a real-life project need, as you did Bret.

2. Someone else submits a prototype, as you did, Tracy, which can serve as a Hint that's available to look at while we recreate it "independently." ... a sort of "cheat sheet."

As I played with Tracy's model and then recreated it on my own, I became aware that the Learner could click on "Done Feeding" immediately, even if they hadn't given the dog any biscuits. So I set out to fix that by changing the conditions, and in the process, added in a bit of clip art and a photo of my dog, Brady Love to show him off. I'm uploading here, and posing a question that I'm SURE I've already read the answer to, but can't remember at the moment.

I've removed next/prev buttons, menu, resources, volume control, etc. from the Player for the "Quiz" slide. That means that in the Player the "base" of the slide now has the default grey shade where the buttons normally sit. I know I can go into custom colors and edit to match my slide color, but there are a gazillion colors and I'm not sure which ones to modify. Does anyone know? And will/has Articulate provided a color scheme PDF somewhere (I probably missed it) like those provided for Studio?

Any suggestions/fixes for this are also welcome!

Jeanette Brooks

Nice example Becky! In the player colors, the item to modify for the frame of the player is called base>>bg. You can also change the thin line around the player itself by changing the color for base>>border. And yes, we're in the process of creating a job aid that will make it easier to identify each player color parameter. Stay tuned!

Bret Deardorff

WOW,  I go away for one little weekend and someone else has done my work for me!!  I love how helpful everyone is on these forums. Rebecca this is really great. Thanks so much for sharing. I will be working on this later on this week and will try to out do your example... though that might be hard to do.

Thanks again everyone!!

Rebecca Fleisch Cordeiro

Y'all made my day. Jeanette, thanks for the color hints. Glad to know also that y'all are working on that job aid. The ones for Studio are great.

Bret, glad this was helpful, and TX again for the opportunity. BTW, if you'd like to use Brady for your examples, I'd be happy to provide you with photos, free of charge...public domain :-). We have some really cute ones of him...I know, that's what ALL the dog mothers say.

Rebecca Fleisch Cordeiro

P.S. Jeanette, I just went back to take a look and I knew about the base BG as well as the page background color. What I'd like to do is change the rectangular area below the slide, where the prev/next buttons typically hang out. I think with Quizmaker you had to set up a transparency somewhere to get this to work. Is this true here as well?

Rebecca Fleisch Cordeiro

Hi Jeanette,

I've been playing around quite a bit with the colors and am at times seeing odd behavior: what "takes" while I'm in the player setup doesn't show up the same when I OK back to SL and preview.

When I go back into the player, it has mysteriously changed my colors to those of its own choice. This has happened to me erratically, no predictably, for the last half hour. I'm not sure what's causing it or how even I'd write it up. It's very odd. But I see why it wasn't working for me earlier.

I've relaunched SL several times, although not rebooted my computer. Need to get some work done here, but let me know how you'd like to pursue.

Jeanette Brooks

Yes, that is definitely unexpected behavior. If it's possible for you to create a screencast of the issue or isolate the circumstances when it occurs, that would be really helpful to submit as a support case so that we could take a look at what's going on there: http://www.articulate.com/support/contact/submit.php Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.