Drag and Drop Question

Mar 23, 2016

I have completed a storyline activity that requires students to sort different items into the correct category. My problem is that, for those categories that have multiple answers, if they aren't put into the drop target in the same order as I put them in the form, when submitted, it shows that the answers are incorrect, even though order doesn't really matter.

Any suggestions how to fix this?

Thank you!

11 Replies
Walt Hamilton

Rebecca,

I tried several different sequences, and always got the answer correct.

I suspect that what is happening is that one or more answers are not being dropped on the correct target when you get an incorrect response.

This can happen two ways:

1. If an answer gets shuffled onto its correct target, I suspect that you just leave it there. It does not register as being dropped unless it is moved by the user.

2. Answers may appear to be dropped on a target, but in reality aren't. Changing the snap option to tile may make this obvious to the user.

By your description, I would guess that #1 is the most likely. If you move them into a specific order, it is more likely that you have moved them all.

Give it a try, and let us know the results.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.