Drag and Drop Snapping

Mar 14, 2018

When using drag and drop objects, instead of snapping into the targets when dragged over them, drag objects return to their original location but frequently (and inconsistently) won't snap into the target shape.  

For example, one object that snaps into one target, won't snap into another target without precisely placing it aligned with the left side of the rectangle targets. For instance, if it's partly halfway covering the right side of the rectangle, it snaps back home, instead of into the target. 

If it's overlapping on the left side, it usually snaps into the target. I'm concerned the user experience will be frustrating since it appears that the answers are rejected for being incorrect (that was what I thought until I double checked settings). 

Any help is appreciated! 

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Eileen! So sorry the drag and drop is giving you trouble.

We're seeing a problem in Storyline 360 where drag and drop interactions with a dashed outline and no fill don't work correctly. Our team is working on a fix for this problem as we speak!

Until it's ready, you can work around this by:

• Using a solid outline instead of a dashed outline
  • Using white fill with 100% transparency instead of no fill

I'll be sure to update you as soon as the fix goes live!

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Eileen,

I'm happy to share that we just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes that you'll see in the release notes here.  

I'm sure you'll be most interested in:

Fixed: Drag-and-drop questions weren't always evaluated correctly, and drag items weren't precisely centered in drop targets.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.