Drag and Drop States

Oct 01, 2013

Good morning, I am working on a piece where objects have a hover state that includes a callout.  I am having the issue referred to in the following thread:

http://community.articulate.com/forums/p/19106/115733.aspx#115733

However, when I try to replace the hover state with a single image instead of just having a callout, as I feel like David's examples demonstrate, I am still having the same issue.

My basic needs are:

• Hover state displays definition of concept as a callout
  • Callout disappears when object is being dragged to drop target
  • Disabled state when correct object is dropped correctly.

Notes re: my attached file:

I edited the first (top) object as I understood David's post to say, the other objects are as I initially set.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

4 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Brent,

I took a look at your file, and from what I'm seeing the hover state and the disappearing callout when dropped correct seem to be working as expected, and the disabled state also changes and I'm not longer able to move that drag item. I am obviously missing something since you're posting here, but I am just not understanding where your problem lies.

Brent Berheim

Good morning, Ashley, and thanks for taking a look.  What I am trying to achieve is the callout going not displaying while the user drags the object to the drop target.  David appears to achieve that in his demo module in the thread I referenced, but, although I have done what I understand he did, my callout continues to display as I drag the item.

Does that help clarify?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Brent,

Thanks - I missed the part about it disappearing while dragging. I tried it a few times, and I get mixed results. Sometimes it changes, sometimes it doesn't and I can't determine any rhyme or reason to it. I even tried recreating the states without much success a changing the behavior. What you could do (its an extra step) is add a hotspot shape, maybe a long rectangle right next to the drag objects, and set the trigger that when dragged over their state will change to down, and then keep your "when dropped" change as well. It's not as perfect as David's example, but the fact that Michael is able to get it to work, and for me it works intermittently, also makes me wonder if there isn't some file corruption in this version? Could you try importing it into a new Storyline file?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.