Drag and Drop Submission

Dec 04, 2019

Hi everyone.

I have made a drag and drop slide and completed the "form view" page so each drag item has a drop target. At the moment, the only way to enter my answer is by clicking the "submit" button on the player. However I was wondering whether there is a trigger I can create which would automatically enter the answer when all of the drag options have been dropped on a target? 
This will then determine whether the answer which has been submitted is correct or incorrect. They will have 3 attempts at this question. 

9 Replies
Vincent Scoma

Hi Paolo,

You could change the Submit trigger to something different than "When user clicks submit":

For example, you could change the trigger to "When the user drops the object on the target" then pick the Object/Target. You may need to add triggers for each object to achieve the desired outcome you are looking for. 

Please let us know if you have any questions! 

Paolo Pini

Hi Vincent

Thanks for getting back to me. I have attached the slides in question to this message. If possible I'd like to create a trigger which would automatically enter the answer when all of the drag options have been dropped on a target rather than making the user have to click the submit button?  

I hope you can help.

Vincent Scoma

Hi Paolo,

Thank you for letting me know! 

Which version of Storyline are you currently running? Here is how you can locate the current version of Storyline from the Articulate 360 desktop application: 

• With the Articulate Desktop Menu open, click on the down arrow next to Storyline: 

• Then click on Other Versions, and the current version of Storyline will show as installed: 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.