Drag and Drop Triggers

Jun 21, 2018

Good day,

I have attached the storyline slide to make it easier to understand.

I am trying to figured the correct triggers for:

Drag each set of bottle to the shelve, all 3 bottle set have to be in the same correct vertical position (see example under correct layer). There should be no answer on the 1st and 2nd drop, answer to be revealed if its wrong or correct only on the drop of the last set.

Only when the last set of bottles have been dropped in the shelve then I would like the answer to show. The number of attempts is infinity.

I am not sure if I need states too? If yes then it can be selected once all 3 sets are in the shelve... I am just now sure

Please help

Kind regards,

Prudence

7 Replies
Wendy Farmer

Hi Prudence

I inserted a Freeform DnD to your slide and added some hotspots to the shelves as the drop targets. Changed the attempts to unlimited.

If you want the bottles to return to the starting point if they were dropped incorrectly, add a trigger on the Try again layer to 'Jump to slide' under the hide layer trigger.

Hope that helps

Prudence Mdaka

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for quick feedback and it makes since, I hadn't include the freeform DnD and wondered why they weren't not be able to be dragged and dropped.

I've had to change the bottles, storyline included here, I have added an additional slide to explain what I would to do and I am not sure if it is possible. I would like to user to try the different options of dropping the set of bottles in the shelve and once it's submitted it is immediately incorrect. Only once they have placed them in the correct vertical position then should be correct upon submitting it.

You suggestion to add under try again layer ' Jump to next slide', is a bit confusing.

Any tips

Much appreciated

Prudence

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.