Drag & Drop

Jul 25, 2014

I have a free form drag and drop set up on a slide that has 6 items and 3 targets. The slide also has animated text and audio on the base layer. Any ideas how can I get the drag and drop items to reset for a second attempt without having the slide replay? I followed one example that sort of works, but on the second attempt when you start dragging an item they all immediately pop back to their "saved state" position from attempt 1.

Last thing I thought of was linking the Try Again button to reload the current slide and see if I can set the playbar to complete so the text and audio does not play.

Guess I can try setting a variable to only play the audio once and set it back to try if the user leaves the slide. Might try that approach.

6 Replies
Bob O'Donnell

Ok, I stripped this interaction out of my full demo slide deck. Hopefully it works ok... I tested it out and it still seems to function properly. The Drag and Drop items programming can be a little tedious depending upon how many items you have. This seems to work. The items reset, and the slide gives you a second attempt without playing the media on the main slide. I inserted my own CA option. This is still being revised... just a draft concept. Now I need to make it look pretty for the client.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.