Drop and Drag

Aug 29, 2016

I've successfully created several drop and drag slides; wherein, one object may be dragged and placed into one of five targets below (with correct or incorrect results).  Each slide contains five objects, however, only one may be dropped correctly on the appropriate/specified target.  I cannot seem to create one slide with each of the five objects being dragged and dropped into their corresponding targets.  In others words, create one slide that supplants five. I've created states and triggers, but cannot seem to achieve my goal.  I've searched tutorials, but don't find anything to assist. Thank you.

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Paula,

Were you using the freeform drag and drop set up? Each drag item can only have one drop target, but any drag item can be dragged and dropped on a target. You can modify the drag/drop options to allow for it to return items to the start if not dropped on a correct target. All of this is outlined in a bit more detail here and if you're still having difficulty with it you'll want to look at sharing your .story file with us here so that we could take a look! You can upload it using the "add attachment" button. 

Paula Piccirillo

Thanks Ashley.  I am using the freeform set up; should I not be?  I located something similar created by Nicole @https://community.articulate.com/download/storyline-drag-and-drop.  This is the format I'd like to mirror, but with objects at the top and targets below.  If I'm unable to figure this out, I'll upload my slides.  Thanks again.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.