Drop Down Quiz

Jul 18, 2020

Hi

I am back to using Articulate (Storyline3) after a long absence, so have been utilising the help on here. I have created some custom drop down fields using variables and triggers etc. The dropdown functionality is working exactly as I wanted, but I am having trouble with the quiz/submit element.

multiple dropdowns

Ideally I want some sort of double validation, ie. if they select Thursday, the correct answer is Break < 10 hrs, if they select Monday that answer is wrong - there is basically 3 separate questions, that I would like to compact into one.

When I converted to a freeform pick many, it only allows one dimension answers - I am happy to do scripting if necessary, but is there anyway to make this scenario work? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Nat

6 Replies
Walt Hamilton

Pick One gives us so much more flexibility than Pick Many. Try the Pick One slide. If you have any questions, please ask.

I like what you've done here, but please rework the drop downs to allow second chances. If I choose a reason lower in the list, then try to move my mouse back up to the next day, I get the reasons on my way up. It's far easier to accidentally click out of sequence than it is to be certain of clicking in sequence (it took me several practices to get the hang of it). If I do miss the sequence, and something is left blank, there is no provision to go back and make a new selection. Perhaps clicking on the drop downs, instead of hover.

Natalie Bell

Hi again,

I have updated this question thanks to Walt's assistance. It is almost totally working, if selecting the incorrect answer it works, if selecting the correct answer this message:

"you must complete the question before submitting"

I would love some assistance, please see slide 3 in the story file  

thx

Nat

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.