Edit slide

Apr 17, 2020

Good morning,

Before explaining the issue, I just want to say I am a rookie at storyline 360. I am trying to edit a slide that has text, pictures coming in a timeline manner. I just can't do it, I don't think I can say the slide was made with layers. I looked at explanations about layers and my slide is only made of text and pictures coming one after the other.

I am lost... I need a little bit of help to be able to understand how to get to each "box" and edit them.

Thank you

2 Replies
Judy Nollet

You can see the text box but cant' click it to edit the text?

That sounds like the object is locked. Look at the timeline. If you see a lock, click it to unlock that object.

FYI: Locking an item prevents it from being changed. This can be handy when you've got a lot of objects on the screen and you don't want to accidentally move one.

Also: Those eye icons can be used to hide objects. Again, that can be handy when you want to temporarily focus on other objects. Just remember to check that all the eye icons are visible if you want all the objects to be visible.

Also: Layers can also contain text and pictures. They are added via the panel on the right. Whatever is in a layer appears on top of what's on the base of the slide. You need a "Show layer" trigger to make a layer appear.

Good luck!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.