Editing Audio Content in Storyline 360

Jun 13, 2018

Hello,

I am using the built-in option to record audio in Storyline 360. When I add in an audio file to a slide (under slide view) and select audio editor, my options to delete or crop the audio file are grayed out and not available. Can anyone tell me how to enable the full capability of editing properties?

Also, when I use headphones with a mic plugged into my Lenovo computer's headphone jack, it adds a beeping noise at the beginning of each audio segment. It does not do this when I just use the built in microphone from my computer. Any thoughts on why this beeping sound may occur? I'd prefer to use earbud headphones with the built in speaker to improve sound quality but it seems this may not be an option.

Thanks for your help!

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Leslie, 

For the audio you're adding into Storyline, are you seeing the options greyed out for any files your insert and the audio you recorded in Storyline? The audio tools you should have access to are detailed here. For any recorded narration, you should also have options to edit outlined here. 

I haven't heard of a beep sound just while headphones are plugged in. Do you hear that consistently at the start of any audio playback in Storyline or only right when you plug in the headphones? Have you tested any other audio recordings to see if the same thing happens? 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.