Editing quiz questions

Jul 30, 2014

I'm trying to go back in and edit the settings in my quiz slides but it is not giving me the option to do so or I am not sure where I'm supposed ot be looking. I have been able to do this before but think I have managed to do it by fluke. Could you point me in the right direction. Have attached a copy of my screen

8 Replies
Dennis Hall

Hi Brooke:

To the right of your screen capture, you have the Triggers, Page, and Layers properties panels (you did not capture this in the attached PNG image).

When in a Question slide and when you are on the base layer of that question slide, you will see an edit question button above the Triggers panel.

If you are on a Feedback layer, you will not see the Edit question button.

Click the Edit question button to open the Question editing window.

Best Regards,

Dennis Hall

Dennis Hall

Hi Brooke:

Again, you have not provided a screen shot with the right hand side of Storyline displayer.

Here is a link to a tut on creating and editing questions. The example is for a drag and drop, however, it applies to what you are trying to find.

http://community.articulate.com/tutorials/products/create-a-drag-and-drop-interaction.aspx

Best Regards,

Dennis Hall

Rebecca Fleisch Cordeiro

Hi Brooke,

Looking at your screen shot makes me think you accidentally closed the trigger panel, and therefore you're not seeing the Edit Question

button.

If you look at the image below, you'll see that the one on the left looks similar to yours; the one on the right is showing the panel, and you can see the Edit Multiple Choice button (outlined with a blue circle).

To get that trigger panel back, you'll want to hover your mouse pointer over the very right-most edge of the screen. When you do, you'll see double-edged arrows, and you'll want to drag to the left. You may need to tug hard! Storyline can be stubborn.

Perhaps this support page will also help

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.