Emailing Quiz Results

May 19, 2015

Hi all!

I have been using Storyline 2 loads to design courses but not so much quiz's (unless they are in with the session and do not need to be monitored).

I have had a request from a client who does not have an LMS system, is there anyway through Storyline 2 the user can enter there name and email address and then at the end of the quiz the results are emailed to the user and also their manager? So the manager can track everyone's results?

If anyone can point me in the right direction if this is possible to do so how to do it that would be great or if there are any useful videos etc out there.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Jenny

4 Replies
David Charney

Jenny,

Yeah you will need something like JavaScript and a server side language such as PHP. The data will be in variables. You can use JavaScript to pass the information out of Storyline and through PHP. At that point, PHP is used to email or store the data in a database. Storyline makes it very easy to deal with what it is programmed to do. What you need is totally possible, it does take some additional learning though.

Check out: http://www.articulate.com/support/storyline/javascript-best-practices-and-examples

I should build an example of this and maybe somebody else has.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.