Emailing Survey Results

Jan 25, 2019

I have never used Storyline to do surveys before, and I was testing the functionality out in my LMS (I am using Storyline 3).  I created a survey that would email the results to my work email address.  When I tested it in the LMS, a pop-up box appeared to have me set-up an email account (I attached a screenshot of what pops up).  I would have thought that it would have just sent the email because I obviously have email set up on my computer.

Has anyone used this feature before, and if so, what is the best way to do this.  I do not necessarily need an email, I just want to be able to capture the results of the survey.  What have you done to capture the results of the surveys in your LMS?

Thanks!

1 Reply
Alyssa Gomez

Hey Jeremy!

Storyline doesn't have a built-in email results feature – you can read more about why we've decided not to include that feature here. 

If you're looking for a way to capture survey data from your learners, I have a couple of alternative ideas for you:

1. Since you're using an LMS, Storyline will send survey data to the LMS. How the LMS displays that or reports that data will be LMS specific, so you may want to reach out to them directly to see what types of reports are available.
  2. Include a Print Button on the results slide. Instruct your learners to print their results and email them to a specified address. 

Let me know if either of those options will work for you!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.