Embedded Video Trigger

Nov 11, 2018

I have a slide with audio in 360 that says to play the video embedded video. I want the slide to automatically move forward when the video ends. When I go to set the trigger it's not recognizing that I have an embedded video. 

Any fixes for this?

6 Replies
Veronica Budnikas

Hi Laurie,

So the issue is that you can't trigger an embedded video in SL, as you have discovered. You could extend the timeline to match the length of the video, but of course you'd be relying on the user clicking it as soon as the audio finished and not pausing it.

Are you able to insert the video as a file? That would be give you a lot more flexibility with triggering the video.

I guess it also begs the question of why you need it to automatically go to the next slide? If it's to minimise user clicking you could get the video to play automatically when the audio finishes and then allow the user to click Next when finished?

In case you haven't seen this, here is some information on editing parameters for embedded videos from YouTube: https://articulate.com/support/article/How-to-Add-YouTube-Videos-to-Articulate-Storyline-360-Courses 

I'll have another think about it, but it'll be tricky to do what you want without the ability to add triggers to the embedded video.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.