Embedding Storyline flash video in Blackboard

Feb 16, 2016

Hi Everybody,

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this. I have a quick question. I’ve been using storyline with Blackboard for a while. I usually upload a zipped file with HTML to the content collection and give a link to that from the front end. So when a student clicks on the link, storyline file will open in a separate tab. But now I wanted to try a different approach. I wanted the student to see the storyline file within the Blackboard shell. So I embed it as a flash video. However, it doesn’t load. I have tried to embed a Captivate file the same way, and it works. Am I doing something wrong here? Any advice?

Thank You.
Ramesh

11 Replies
Jon DeGroot

Hey Ramesh,

Any reason you're embedding the flash output instead of the html? Using that embedded media feature in Blackboard you can switch the drop down from flash to Iframe and then use the .html output. That'll embed the presentation right within Blackboard. I'm hosting the file on an FTP though and bringing in the URL to it. Let me know if this makes sense. We'll get it figured out!

Jon DeGroot

Ramesh Muthukumarana

Hi Jon, 

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. The only reason I am using the flash is, I didn't know that I could use an iframe to embed an HTML output.  I want to use HTML if possible. When I attempt to, upload as an iframe using the same drop down, it will not let me select HTML out. It would only let me select the flash output. However, when I use the xid from Blackboard HTML output  I was able to embed the as an iframe. (xid can be obtained by right clicking a blackboard page then clicking on 360 view).  However, I still think I have embedded the flash output. But at least, I can embed it. 

Thank You.

Ramesh

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.