Embedding stoyline 360 output in a secure (https) site

Aug 10, 2017

Hello experts! I'm using Storyline 360, and publish it for Web.

The objects are hosted by our web server, and the web page will be embedded in another web page via a different server (Salesforce). We've encountered a problem and I've been told that my "story_html5.html" should be secure. And I was also told that "story_html5.html should have X-frame options allowed.

I've never encountered such a problem, and now don't know where to start and who to listen to. 

If what I wrote makes sense, and someone knows how to overcome this challenge, please respond as soon as possible. It's quite time sensitive.

Thanks so much in advance!!

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jihyun,

Is your web server set up to have HTTPS content? If so, when you upload the published Storyline folder there, that would take on the security settings of your site. There isn't a setting in Storyline to force it to always display the HTTPS as it's site specific.

I'm not clear on what the X frame options are - could you share a bit more information about that, and hopefully it rings a bell for someone in the community! 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Rebecca,

I'm sorry you've run into a similar issue! This discussion is a bit older so I'm not sure if Jihyun is still subscribed here or not. You could try reaching out directly if the Contact me is enabled on their profile. 

Otherwise, can you share a bit more about what you're running into? Hopefully, it rings a bell for another community member to point you in the right direction! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.