Embedding videos from Office 365 stream

May 09, 2018

Hi,

I am playing around with embeding videos which reside in office 365 Stream into a Storyline 2 eLearning. I think I have the functionality worked out, however when I launch the eLearning the slide with the embeded video gives me a message that the video cannot be launched within a frame. The full message is in the attached screenshot.

I have not been able to see any setting in Stream which looks like it should prevent the video working.

Does anyone have any idea how to get around this?

Any help very much appreciated!

3 Replies
Christopher Robinson-Keys

Hey Folks, did we ever get a solution to this issue?  I'm trying to use a link from MS Streams in a storyline course, and its not working.   When I insert as an imbedded object I get the message "MS Streams.com refused to connect".   When I try to insert a video from website, I get a message that the "video cannot insert from this embed code."

Richard if you found a solution, I'd be interested to know. 

Surya Koduri

Looks like embedding MS Stream video is not possible because MS Stream videos are restricted to org level and you cannot make them public. 

Best bet is to upload a copy of the same video to your rise course or place a hyperlink to the Stream video. 

• If you decide to upload the video to the course, the video stats on the view count on stream end may be impacted. 
  • If you use a hyperlink, users will be taken out of the course to view the video and they can always come back to the course page. In this case, the stats on the view count will stay intact. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.