Embedding YouTube videos

Apr 19, 2016

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to embed a YouTube video into my course.  I've tried both methods described in the Help, i.e. embedding as a web video and as a web object.  And neither are working.

Is there some trick I'm missing to get the video to display within the courseware (it will open in a separate window but this takes the user out of the course which is not ideal).  I'm using the Moodle LMS/SCORM.

I'd be grateful for any assistance.

Thanks

/D

6 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Deirdre, 

Are you able to look at uploading it to another site for testing such as SCORM Cloud (an industry standard for LMS testing) or you could also look at publishing it for web and uploading it to any of the options listed here? That would help you determine if something is happening in terms of how Moodle is interfacing with the YouTube video. 

Could it also a restricted video? At times you may see the "restricted video" message but other times users have just seen a blank screen.  

If you're still having difficulty could you share a link to the YouTube video and we can give it a try as well? 

Wendy Farmer

Hi Deidre

see if the information here helps you.

You need to change the url slightly not just copy and paste the embed code.

Go to the Insert tab on the Storyline ribbon and click Web Object.
Type the following URL into the Address field. Replace video_id with the ID of your YouTube video.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/video_id

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.