Engage in Storyline

Feb 08, 2022

I have a slide in Storyline 360 imported from Engage 360.  I made some modifications in Engage, saved and returned to Storyline.  The changes were not reflected in Storyline even though the preview in Engage works fine.

Then I opened Engage outside of Storyline.  Created a new file which is the modified slide referenced above, imported to Storyline.  But the preview does not include any Engage Interaction.  I can't tell whether my imported voice over text works in Storyline.  It seems very inefficient to publish the whole file just to see if one slide works or not.

I admit I am new to Articulate and not a computer science, just a regular faculty trying to create online course for my employer.  Help....advice..

4 Replies
KC Chou

Hi Maria,

If I want the text-to-speech to synchronize with the automatically advancing of items, I have to create the text-to-speech in SL, export the sound wave, import to Engage and do the editing.

If I import the slide from Engage, then do the text-to-speech, I can only do it for the entire slide, not item by item.

So I used the first approach. While it works, it is very tedious. Also I cannot see the Engage interaction using the Preview (first icon at the left of the Engage option tool bar while still in SL), the screen went blank. If I open it in the web, I can see the Engage interaction but the narration is not there. The only way I can see if all the interactions and narration I import from Engage works in SL, I have to publish it. If I have to import many slides from Engage, that would be a lot of extra work.

Engage and Studio work wells together except for the lack of text-to-speech.

Karen

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, KC.

Thank you for sharing additional details and describing your current workflow.

It looks like we have a bug reported where the Preview button in the Engage Tools Ribbon shows a white screen.

I've connected this discussion to the bug report, and I'll be sure to come back to update you when I have some news. 

In the meantime, here's more information on how we identify and tackle bugs.