Error Message 769

Apr 12, 2016

Hello there,

We have a course published in storyline scorm on the lms (moodle) that users have been experiencing the following error message 769 when accessing it. One of our partners own and designed the course. I have asked them to republish the course which they did but issue still persists. 

Please see image attached for error message

Thanks for your help,

7 Replies
maurine kwende

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for responding. I just uploaded the course on Scorm cloud and it worked just fine.

The LMS support provided the following response which doesn't make sense to me. What is a suspend data variable?:

We have examined the course settings and the SCORM package. The issue you are experiencing is due to the fact that the SCORM’s cmi.suspend_data variable (what allows the SCORM to track course data, by stocking said data after each user attempt) can only allow 4,096 bytes. However, it is receiving more data than that, which creates the error messages you are seeing past a users’ first attempt.

This issue is inherent to the SCORM package itself. Without your SCORM provider modifying it to solve this issue, the SCORM will behave unpredictably and throw error messages to users

Thank you for your help Leslie

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Maurine,

It sounds like you're hitting the SCORM Suspend data limit which is described here. The ways around this would be to look at implementing one of the following methods:

• Disable the resume feature in Storyline.
  • Reduce the number of slides until the resume feature works as expected. The limit will vary, depending on a variety of factors. You'll need to test your content in your LMS to verify.
  • Republish your course for SCORM 2004 3rd Edition or 4th Edition, both of which support much longer suspend data.

For the latter, you'd want to confirm that your LMS supports those SCORM outputs before republishing and sending to them.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.