Error Message for Articulate Storyline 360

Aug 25, 2022

I just received this….

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>

<ErrorReport xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">

<UserId>aid|f1f2e526-9912-4fd9-b514-1f43788d9cc9</UserId>

<HardwareId>SACYG-3FUJ1-AUU9V-T1PR9-369G6</HardwareId>

<Message>Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</Message>

<StackTrace>   at void Articulate.Design.Stage.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)

at void Articulate.Storyline.Controls.exStage.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)

at void System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(ref Message m, MouseButtons button, int clicks)

at void System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(ref Message m)

at void System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(ref Message m)

at void System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(ref Message m)

at void Articulate.Windows.Forms.LayeredImage.WndProc(ref Message m)

at void Articulate.Design.Stage.WndProc(ref Message m)

at void System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(ref Message m)

at void System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(ref Message m)

at IntPtr System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, int msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)</StackTrace>

</ErrorReport>

1 Reply
Jose Tansengco

Hi Ray, 

Sorry to hear that you ran into this error. I'd like to ask a few questions to help clarify your experience: 

• What actions were you doing in Storyline 360 when the error appeared (I.e, Publishing, previewing, copying and pasting content, adding triggers, etc.)?
  • Are you working locally when making changes to your project file?  
  • Is the error appearing for all of your project files, or just a select few? If only one project file is affected, would you be willing to share a copy of it here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a look? 

If all of your project file are affected, even newly created project files, try doing a repair of Storyline 360 to see if this helps.