Error message when publishing

Mar 30, 2020

I am receiving the following error message, can you please help?

"We're sorry, something went wrong with Articulate Storyline and it might close.

You can help us fix this bug....."

In this case, we were publishing in Web

4 Replies
Lejan Ocampo

Hi Robert,

I hope all is well.  I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems publishing to the Web. No worries, I'm here to help you with this one.

Let's be sure that we followed the instructions on this article on how to publish to the web.

If you've already done all those steps correctly to no avail, have you tried publishing to your local drive to see if the problem will persist?

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Robert Furnas

It happens periodically. Not always the same module. In fact, what prompted me to reach out to you this time is because a member of my team received the message (he's received it multiple times with different modules) and I have received it as well.

Bob Furnas
Senior Sales Trainer
Training & Development
Dart Container Sales Company
954-698-6556 ext 5409
bob.furnas@dart.biz

Katie Riggio

Good morning, Robert!

I'm sorry you and your teammate keep running into the 'Something went wrong' error. Since it appears on multiple files, a fresh installation of Storyline 360 should help resolve it.

Here are the steps:

• Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app by clicking the Articulate icon in your computer's system tray (beside the clock) or by double-clicking the Articulate 360 shortcut on the desktop
  • Hover over Storyline 360 until a drop-down arrow appears, and then click the arrow and choose Uninstall Storyline 360
  • When Storyline has finished uninstalling, reboot your computer
  • Relaunch the Articulate 360 desktop app, and then click the Install button 
  • Reboot the computer again and launch Storyline

One more thing! It looks like you may have replied by email where your contact information came through to the public forum. Feel free to edit it out right here

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.