Error when publishing

Mar 18, 2015

HI,

I am having a problem publishing courses in Articulate Storyline 2. The source files I work with are saved locally. I have not had this problem before.

I have tried publishing several courses but get the same error. The error message is: We're sorry, something went wrong with Articulate Storyline and it might close.

36 Replies
Tami Howard

I am having this same problem and have submitted two tickets and still have had no response. Can someone please help? I have a file that I can not publish. Typically this error comes up once or twice before it allows me to publish, but this one particular file it just will not allow me to publish. I keep getting the same error that something went wrong. Please help!

julie g.

I get this error anytime my file path is too long... simply shortening it works. I messed around with it the first time a long time and thought it was because I was saving to an external hard drive but the second time it happened I realized the only common thing between the 2 situations was a long file path and/or name. 

Walter Bosello

My case was a little peculiar: I was publishing from my local hard drive. Tried importing in a new project with no luck. I decided to try and delete slides one by one meanwhile publishing. So I finally reached the "corrupted slide". Deleted it and the course published.
I think it might help the devs to know on that specific slide I previously had edited an audio in storyline (deleted a chunk) and then deleted the whole audio and imported a new one. Maybe SL saved a "ghost mp3" and was trying to publish it even though it wasn't there anymore?

anyways I'm glad I only had to redesign one slide

Vincent Scoma

Hey Walter,

That is a bit peculiar. I appreciate you sharing your experience and for providing the troubleshooting steps you took! This could definitely help others that come across this thread.

If you hit this roadblock again, please let us know! We never want you to spend hours troubleshooting a problem alone, that's why our team is here to help.

Wayne Wade

Currently receiving an error message when trying to publish the below 2 files.  States "We're sorry, something went wrong with Articulate Presenter '13 etc.  I've reviewed ways that have been recommended to fix issue with no luck.  I'm on a time crunch as we are a Teaching Hospital and need to get this information in for the users.  HELP PLEASE....

Wayne Wade

Morning,

I did contact support!  I was speaking with Christopher on Friday, but there was a long response time and I though he had logged off.  He was offering to do a screen share to help with the issue but I have not heard from him this morning.  I really need to get this resolved as we may have to evacuate this week if the storm comes closer.  Can you help?