Error when publishing

Mar 18, 2015

HI,

I am having a problem publishing courses in Articulate Storyline 2. The source files I work with are saved locally. I have not had this problem before.

I have tried publishing several courses but get the same error. The error message is: We're sorry, something went wrong with Articulate Storyline and it might close.

36 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Andre,

Thanks for reaching out! Do you plan on tracking learner data, such as who is viewing your course and how did they score? If so, a learning management system may be worth looking into, which you can read about below:

If you don't need to track data, then publishing your course to the web is the recommended option. Take a look at all the ways to publish your course here!

Ushwin Pai

Hi guys

I get this error everytime I publish to LMS. 
I have tried importing to another file - doesn't work
Tried starting from scratch - doesn't work
Send it to someone else - DOES work

Reinstalled SL, and restarted - doesn't work.

Any idea what this could be? It's seemingly not the file causing it as my colleague could publish

Mr Brown

Could be anything... that's a pretty generic error message. What I would do (if you haven't already) - is:

1. Check the size of your course... it could be utterly huge and maybe crashing the app

2. If it's not huge... check the location of imported files like videos, if they reside on servers not local to your machine, the path to them maybe too long for SL to cope with.

3. Save a copy of the course on your local machine, including any resources you've added in to it. So for example, if you have added videos, make sure those videos are on your local machine and the path to them is pretty short. Something like... "YourCourse/Videos/video1.mpeg" instead of YourCourse/OnSomeServerSomewhereIntheUniverse/ThatThePathIsTooLong/ForStoylinetoCopeWith/AndHasABrainAneurysm.mpeg

Shouldn't have to do all of this tbh... but these are three of the main things I do if I get any kind of error... unless the error is specific, it's difficult to narrow it down.

Hope that helps

D

Ushwin Pai

Thanks D

I have done all of those apart from saving to local drive - as it's a work PC I don't have access to the local drive. But then again - neither did my colleague and she was able to publish.

I'll have a chat with our tech and data team and see if they can get me access so I can trial that.

Thanks!