Error when trying to publish my course to the LMS in Storyline 360

Oct 13, 2021

Hello, 

I've tried to publish my course to the LMS multiple times and keep receiving an error (see attached). It's a short course with only 17 slides and nothing different from the other courses I regularly publish. I tried closing out of Storyline and restarting. I tried publishing another course and it worked. Using SCORM 1.2. 

Please help!

Thank you, 

Geralyn

5 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Geralyn,

Thanks for sharing your experience! It seems like the issue could be specific to this file if other courses are publishing to LMS as expected. While this discussion below is older, the tips shared still apply and may point you in the right direction.

Along with Scott's tip, you can also try creating a copy and saving it to your desktop. Once you do that, check that there isn't any spacing at the end of the filename or title. If you need additional help after trying these out, feel free to share your file with our support team, and they can lend a hand!

SHARE YOUR FILE WITH US.
Scott Wiley

Ah hah!

Then it may also be due to something similar we went through, with where a file was, in addition to file name and naming conventions in general.

So a file buried deep within a downward hierarchy of subfolders, many named using spaces instead of underscores, etc. There used to be a limit to characters allowed in a URL (sum total of characters added up in the file location) and each space gets URL-encoded as %20, which can add up.