Exception During Import PowerPoint

Jan 06, 2016

I am having trouble importing a PowerPoint into Storyline 2. The file is a pptx and I've tried saving as a ppt, and reusing the slides into a new PowerPoint file. No change. The file lives on my C drive so there shouldn't be a network issue. The file does have a lot of images. Could that be an issue? I've attached screenshot of the error message.

Thanks.

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Pam,

Thanks for the image and letting us know you were working locally. Did you also check into the other troubleshooting/best practices in this article?  Is it only this powerpoint which causes the issue, or only into this Storyline file? If so, it may be that the particular file has become corrupt and you could try with a new file to help confirm. You could try one or two slides at a time and see if it's a particular slide that is the issue and then rebuild that in Storyline.  If you're seeing the error across the board within Storyline, I'd advise going through the repair steps here. 

Pam Brannen

Thank you for your help. I tried the troubleshooting/best practices and that wasn't a fix. The powerpoint file seems fine; the trouble comes when importing it. As a team we've tried to import the file on multiple computers with the same results. I think we've all come to the conclusion that there is at least one aspect (most likely a graphic) in the powerpoint that is causing the issue. Not a huge issue to work-around. We're all very new to Storyline so every day is chock full of lessons for us!! Thanks again for your help!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Pam, 

Going a few slides at a time is a good way to determine if there is one particular aspect causing the issue. If you're new to Storyline, you may also want to look at bookmarking pages such as the Storyline tutorials and the KB/Support articles as that is where a lot of great information and answers can be found. But we're also always here in the forums. :-) 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.