Exciting ID career opportunity at Sunrun!
Sunrun is seeking a talented, dynamic Instructional Designer to help grow our leadership position in the Solar Services industry. This position is responsible for design, development, and production of training for multiple audiences inside and outside the company.
You will interact with multiple departments throughout Sunrun while developing training on our products, services, and processes. Your primary audience will be sales organizations – both internal and external – so an understanding of the selling process is critical.
This position has the opportunity to change the way that people power their homes. Solar Services is a new, exciting industry that is moving solar into the mainstream. You’ll be on the forefront of redefining how solar is perceived and making solar energy affordable for more people.
* Design, develop, and produce high-quality learning programs to be delivered in a variety of media
* Project manage the execution of training deliverables
* Apply adult learning theory and sound instructional design methodology to training deliverables
* Conduct needs analysis on projects
* Work with subject matter experts and audience representatives to design highly effective training programs
* Develop and/or manage the development of training materials that define Sunrun training as best-in-class
* Implement strategies for effective repurposing/reuse of learning content
* Conduct train-the-trainer events and/or deliver training to various audiences on an as-needed basis
* 3+ years of experience in instructional design, curriculum development, and training
* Bachelor’s degree in instructional design/technology or related field
* Excellent verbal, writing, and project management skills required
* Aptitude for learning new software tools and technologies
* Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with changing priorities
* Must have ability to work with SMEs and vendors and translate audience goals into effective training material
* Understanding of sales is highly desirable
* Solar background is a plus, but not necessary
* Experience developing both ILT and e-learning
* Portfolio and writing samples required during interview process
For more information on Sunrun and to apply online, go to: